Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2003)

Subject: Re: META: strange digest timing on this list
From: Brent Chapman <Brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:36:16 -0700
To: Brian Edmonds <brian @ gweep . ca>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 8:32 AM -0700 6/26/03, Brian Edmonds wrote:
Overnight I received four messages from the list.  The odd thing is that
I'm on the digest list and they all came as separate digests.  How often
does the list do digests?  I've noticed for months now that I typically
get a whole lot of little digests, rather than one or two a day.

Brian.

We're currently running an out-of-date version of Majordomo2, which had some bugs in the digest code. The easiest way to work around them was to generate digests every 4 hours, rather than every day. Now that I'm back in the USA (I was living in Australia for the last 18 months, running Great Circle from 8000 miles away while I worked on a masters degree), I might finally get around to upgrading the version of Majordomo2 that we're running... Then again, I've got a whole bunch of other stuff ahead of that on the "now that I'm back in the USA" list, so it will probably be a while longer... :-)

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <Brent @
GreatCircle .

Great Circle Associates, Inc. -- Silicon Valley's IT Infrastructure Experts
http://www.greatcircle.com/
+1 650 962 0841

From: Brian Edmonds <brian @ gweep . ca>
Next: ATT/Comcast switchover occurring today...
From: Jeff Wasilko <jeffw @ smoe . org>
Indexed By Thread Previous: META: strange digest timing on this list
From: Brian Edmonds <brian @ gweep . ca>
Next: ATT/Comcast switchover occurring today...
From: Jeff Wasilko <jeffw @ smoe . org>