Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2003)

Subject: Re: yahoo groups contact?
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:03:15 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 12:13 PM 2003-06-24 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

is there a yahoo groups contact on this list? Anyone have one? I have something that's come up I want to check with them on before I say anything here.

As a side point, after years of complaining, I finally managed to get someone to reply to me when I faxed the copyright violations office at yahoo. I then did silly things until they ran out of silly things to ask me about and then they did nothing for weeks.

Then, after I faxed them several more times, reminding me that I had done all of the silly things they asked me to do, they quit responding, and I figured, well, it has been years now, and they have never responded before. So I struck out. My original response was going to me a meetoo for the contact, but I checked before hitting send, and they had finally removed rally-l from their list. Yep, after years of asking, with the connection long severed, so that it looked like rally-l was long dead, they finally removed the rally-l list from yahoogroups. They didn't bother telling me, but they You have to understand that they had incorrect information and I believe that this was damaging me. I made this clear in complaint after complaint, but this was the first response I ever got.

So, as a suggestion, if it is an issue where you might have a compilation copyright, on a group that you want out of yahoogroups, they are finally responding to that argument at their copyright violations office.

--
He said: "There are people from Baath here reporting everything that
goes on. There are cameras here recording our faces. If the Americans