Subject: Re: Are members blocking instead of leaving?
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:26:59 -0800
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Bob Bish wrote:
I believe that message means the AOL user is blocking mail from the ORIGINAL sender of the message, not from the entire mailing list. I see these a lot, but lately they've been taking the form like:

Your mail to the following recipients could not be delivered because they are not accepting mail from user @
some .
dom:
    aoluser

<ObAOL>
Me too.
</ObAOL>

I manage a bursty volume list, it goes quiet for a week or two then has a burst of traffic. I have one AOLuser who has blocked email from one other subscriber, and when that other subscriber posts I (the list administrator) get the bounce message. This is annoying. IMHO, if a message comes from a list but is being bounced due to the original sender, this *particular* type of bounce message should be sent to the address that triggers the bounce, not to the list admin. I don't want these bounces, I didn't cause these bounces (the person who pissed off the AOLuser did).

I don't want to pushish the AOLuser for causing the bounces, but I'm getting tired enough of them that I'm considering telling the AOLuser to either accept all email from the list, or I'll unsub her from the list, and that my decision to do this is based on AOL's stupid way of addressing this problem.

jc

jc