Subject: Re: false positives - junkmail
From: <mfidelman @ ntcorp . com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:26:06 -0500 (EST)
To: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Alvin Oga wrote:

> > Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:
> >
> > For those who don't already know, use of our HUL (Habeas Users
> > List, which is a DNSWhitelist [to help eliminate false positives]) is
> > free - you're welcome to use it.  There is a small license which you
> > need to sign, but only so that you promise to not ever use it as a
> > block list. :-)
>
> i say that is a worst piece of spam and junkmail in this list to date

That's ridiculous.  A referal to a piece of useful freeware, in context,
by a list participant is as far from spam as you can get.

Personally, I've been collecting all the links that have been coming up as
part of this discussion, for use next time I update my list software
environment.

The Center for Civic Networking 	    PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President &		    Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
Director, Municipal Telecommunications
Strategies Program			    617-558-3698 fax: 617-630-8946
mfidelman @
 civicnet .
 org	 		    http://civic.net/ccn.html

Information Infrastructure: Public Spaces for the 21st Century
Let's Start With: Internet Wall-Plugs Everywhere
Say It Often, Say It Loud: "I Want My Internet!"