Subject: Re: not about (was Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:01:39 -0800
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw), Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 07:44  PM, J C Lawrence wrote:

How do lists with Real People differ in culture and participation of
members?

My observation for non-geek lists is that the definition of "wizard"
tends to have more to do with social politiking and adherence to the
social norms of the list (even in rebellion).

I use the term wizard the way I use terms like troll or eeyore. it has no geek connotation here, so I'm sorry if I confused folks.

But basically, in any social group, there are always natural leaders, the people others naturally tend to be attracted to and defer to. whether they're social directors or content experts or simply the fun guy you want to buy a round for, he's the one you want in your "bar", because he generates a crowd of fun people around him.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @