Subject: Re: not about (was Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:58:39 -0800
To: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Cc: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>, Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 07:40  PM, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

The interesting thing is, the folks that I tend to like, encourage,
and "hang out with" on lists are the same people who, when I meet them
f2f, I tend to like to hang out with over a beer or a game of pool.

my feeling exactly, and why my real-world analogy for how to run my lists is the sports bar, and I'm the bartender. and occasionally the bouncer. But it's that kind of "local watering hole" esthetic I'm looking for. Not quite Callahan's Bar, but not Cheers, either.

and that's a big aspect of the community aspect of these things.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh