Subject: Re: not about (was Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:44:18 -0800
To: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:34:47 -0500
Barry A Warsaw <bwarsaw @
 python .
 org> wrote:

> Even the music lists I'm on tend to be sopping with geekgoo. :)

Same here.

> How do lists with Real People differ in culture and participation of
> members?

My observation for non-geek lists is that the definition of "wizard"
tends to have more to do with social politiking and adherence to the
social norms of the list (even in rebellion).  Note that this is just a
tendency, as I've also seen such lists dominated by one individual who
simple stated opinions bluntly and repetitively, and remained outside of
the social norms of that list (which made a curiously bifurcated list).

--
J C Lawrence
claw @