Subject: Re: not about (was Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:40:17 -0500
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

 kanga .
 nu> writes:

    JCL> The kha khan rule gets interesting in a few cases.  For
    JCL> instance I've one poster who is irascible, dogmatic, zealous
    JCL> and tireless on his crusades -- and frequently just wrong.
    JCL> BUT, he's a useful irritant.  Good, quality conversation
    JCL> surrounds him all the way up until near the end of one of his
    JCL> runs...

The interesting thing is, the folks that I tend to like, encourage,
and "hang out with" on lists are the same people who, when I meet them
f2f, I tend to like to hang out with over a beer or a game of pool.
I'm mean, for all the differences that list culture has, we're really
talking about the rules of social engagement.  It's just that this
medium is so new in the scheme of things that we have to learn where
to get our cues from.

-Barry