Subject: Lurkers
From: Istvan Berkeley <istvan @ louisiana . edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:06:57 -0600
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi there,
Another reason people lurk is because they find they get flamed when they post.

This happened to me recently. Sure, all the folks here knew what was going on. I thought I was being helpful. I was caught out by a majordomo default. I also know of several list owners (ranging from utter newbie to very experienced) and at least one experienced sysadmin who were caught out too. So, (with the exception of this post) it is back to lurking for me.

All the best,

Istvan (dedicated Lurker)
--
Istvan S. N. Berkeley, Ph.D.			istvan @