From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:20:58 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Tuesday, February 25, 2003 7:04 AM -0800 "Roger B.A. Klorese"
<rogerk @
 queernet .
 org> wrote:
> Nick Simicich wrote:
>> One thing about Bayesian spam filters (I use and contribute to
>> bogofilter, which has performance as a goal, see
>> http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net) is that they are typically tunable.
>
> So what?
>
> a) That takes work.  I don't want to work at it.
> b) That occurs aftyer false positives have happened.  It's unacceptable to
> me that they *ever* happen.

Well, then Roger is in a real bind, because there is absolutely no spam
prevention measure that has been, is being, or could be implemented on any
level whatsoever - from draconian intergalactic legislation to hiring the
neighbor's kid to check your Inbox - that is incapable of generating a false
positive.

So reality is unacceptable.  Fortunately, fantasy is always waiting. :)