Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:35:12 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

 scifi .
 squawk .
 com> writes:

    NS> 95% plus of the people who get this mail do not want the extra
    NS> copy, they want the list copy.  You are part of the 5%.  What
    NS> Rich, and I, and 19 out of 20 want is the norm.

Reply-To munging isn't necessary here.  The list s/w can suppress the
list copy if the member is explicitly mentioned in a recipient header.
It can also collapse CC headers for subsequent postings.  I'd suspect
that of those 19, that behavior would be just fine for 18 of them.
For the others, something like actual MUA support for Mail-Copies-To
would be sufficient.

-Barry