Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 05:37:50 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 07:38 AM 2003-02-24 -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

If you want your email set up in a specific way, set up your client to show it that way.

I want people to send me a copy of message sent to the list, by the way please DO CC me.

How many times are we going to have this conversation? As I recally, you also wanted it in red Helvetivca, at least 30 point. Eventually you cried uncle when I delivered. The other point is that the real problem is that the people (misguided individual?) who originally put forth the concept that lists should not mung Reply-To is responsible for the reply-to-all header expansion --- and that instead of doing that, they should have written an alteration to RFC822, back long enough ago to where mailing list managers would have done the right thing. Instead they wrote unmitigated drivel like "reply to munging considered harmful" and we have what we have what we have today.

(Please do not bother do tell me about how hard it is for you to reply-to individuals when lists implement reply-to-munging. I do not care about the shortcomings of your MUA - and mine is among the worse.)

95% plus of the people who get this mail do not want the extra copy, they want the list copy. You are part of the 5%. What Rich, and I, and 19 out of 20 want is the norm.

Please ignore Chuq: He is not serious when he claims he wants private copies. Fix your header (after you do reply-to-all because that is the only way to reply-to-list because of the ill-advised, faddish "reply to munging considered harmful" and delete *ALL* individual recipients. And thanks from 19 out of 20 of us.

--
SPAM: Trademark for spiced, chopped ham manufactured by Hormel.
spam: Unsolicited, Bulk E-mail, where e-mail can be interpreted generally to mean electronic messages designed to be read by an individual, and it can include Usenet, SMS, AIM, etc. But if it is not all three of Unsolicited, Bulk, and E-mail, it simply is not spam. Misusing the term plays into the hands of the spammers, since it causes confusion, and spammers thrive on confusion. Spam is not speech, it is an action, like theft, or vandalism. If you were not confused, would you patronize a spammer?