Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS LIST
From: Charlie Summers <charlie @ lofcom . com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:09:51 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 10:52 AM -0500 2/24/03, Rich Kulawiec wasted our time with:

> I asked nicely three times -- twice at the bottom of messages, then
> once at the top.  That did not appear to be working, hence an explicit
> request.  (Which will now be repeated at the bottom of every message
> so that nobody has to remember.)

   Here's a better idea; since you have determined that everyone has to do
things your way, why don't we all simply dump your listmail to /dev/null, to
avoid making the terrible mistake of responding to you. (Private email can be
rejected more easily through the access database.) Perhaps you might also
consider starting your own list, where you may encorporate your demands
directly into the list charter. (Aside to _others_ on the list: Are lists
formally chartered anymore? I'm not talking about list guidelines, I mean the
formal USENET-like charter we crafted years and years ago.)

   Forgive me, but I tend to get a little annoyed when someone tells me how I
MUST do something simply because they aren't smart enough to write a procmail
filter to eliminate duplicate copies. I (like Mr. Von Rospach) prefer to be
copied directly on list posts to me, but I hardly DEMAND everyone on this or
the other lists to which I subscribe slavishly follow my request. The sender
of the email determines how he sends the mail, not the recipient, and any
other attitude is just plain pompous.

         Charlie Summers