hi ya rich
its all up to the way the email clients are setup and also
the mailing list itself..
-- client's can modify where replies go to..
i use elm and pine ...
- hitting r goes to the poster in here
- i went thru the extra trouble to remove "cc" to the list
and if i removed "you" from the "to"
and if i moved "list" back up to "To:"
than you wont see a cc to yourself...
dont think everybody will be doing that for you...
( but for this example, i did remove you and move things around
( for this one time
- you can also add a spam filter, to drop duplicate incoming emails
9 dont know how
- when you reply to my mails, i dont care if i get a cc or not...
- i use the defaults as configured by the email gods of
elm, pine, mutt, ... even netscape/mozilla/...
( i dont modify the header options -- too many mailing lists
( that behaves differently
> Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 07:38:15AM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> > And since I don't assume everyone out there can remember how each
> > individual wants it, I don't get mad when you get it wrong, either.
> I asked nicely three times -- twice at the bottom of messages, then
> once at the top. That did not appear to be working, hence an explicit
> request. (Which will now be repeated at the bottom of every message
> so that nobody has to remember.)