Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS LIST - clients
From: Alvin Oga <alvin @ planet . fef . com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:11:52 -0800 (PST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

hi ya rich

its all up to the way the email clients are setup and also
the mailing list itself..

-- client's can modify where replies go to..

i use elm  and pine ...
	- hitting r  goes to the poster in here

	- i went thru the extra trouble to remove "cc" to the list
	and if i removed "you" from the "to"
	and if i moved "list" back up to "To:"

	than you wont see a cc to yourself...

	dont think everybody will be doing that for you...
	( but for this example, i did remove you and move things around
	( for this one time

- you can also add a spam filter, to drop duplicate incoming emails
	9 dont know how

- when you reply to my mails, i dont care if i get a cc or not...
	- i use the defaults as configured by the email gods of
	elm, pine, mutt, ...  even netscape/mozilla/...
	( i dont modify the header options -- too many mailing lists
	( that behaves differently

c ya
alvin