Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS LIST
From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:52:56 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 07:38:15AM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> And since I don't assume everyone out there can remember how each
> individual wants it, I don't get mad when you get it wrong, either.

I asked nicely three times -- twice at the bottom of messages, then
once at the top.  That did not appear to be working, hence an explicit
request.  (Which will now be repeated at the bottom of every message
so that nobody has to remember.)

But I would think that list-managers, of all people, would know that
anyone wanting to participate in a list is perfectly capable of reading
messages sent to the list and hardly needs a redundant copy directed
to their personal mailbox.  To me, that's part of netiquette 101: list
replies go the list, private replies go to the person, and unless there's
some outside issue (e.g. reason to believe that one is working and the
other isn't) there's no reason to do otherwise.

> It's stupid and somewhat arrogant to tell everyone to do it your way.

It's stupid and somewhat arrogant of you to deliberately ignore my request.
However, I have honored yours.

---Rsk

Please do not CC me on copies of messages sent to this list.