Subject: Re: PLEASE DO NOT CC ME ON MESSAGES TO THIS LIST
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 07:38:15 -0800
To: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

If you want your email set up in a specific way, set up your client to show it that way.

I want people to send me a copy of message sent to the list, by the way please DO CC me.

And since I don't assume everyone out there can remember how each individual wants it, I don't get mad when you get it wrong, either.

(oh, Rich, FWIW, if you look at the headers -- you are in the To: line, list-managers is being CCed)

It's stupid and somewhat arrogant to tell everyone to do it your way. Nobody can remember the individual quirks of every user they deal with. Set up your own system to take care of your email, don't force the entire universe to bend to your preferences, and then get upset when they don't.

That went out with the early days of usenet, when we proved it never would work...