From: bwarsaw @ python . org (Barry A. Warsaw)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 08:56:08 -0500
To: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Cc: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>, Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

 kanga .
 nu> writes:

    JCL>   -- I don't use TMDA on my personal, just on my lists and
    JCL> role addresses (-owner, -admin, postmaster, webmaster, etc).

Although I don't want to clog list-managers with Mailman-specific
content (we can take it to mailman-developers), I have been thinking
about how to make it easier -- and optional -- for list owners to add
such functionality.  FWIW, I already have some experimental hooks to
spambayes working and I think these kinds of additional tools should
be bundled with Mailman to provide an integrated pallet of tools that
sites and lists can choose from.

I'm also very interested in Chuq's work to integrate Mailman with
blogging and RSS.  I think such hooks from Mailman wouldn't be too
difficult, and getting mail back into Mailman should already be easy
to do (MM2.1's bin/inject).

While my own personal audiences (python.org) have been highly
resistant to tmda-style confirmations, I am more inclined to admit
that it makes a lot of sense for mailing lists.  I'd like to start by
giving list owners the opportunity to use such technology if they
want.

-Barry