From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:47:51 -0800
To: "Anne P. Mitchell, Esq." <amitchell @ habeas . com>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 06:15 PM, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:
Unfortunately, we've lately learned that more and more opt-in
mailing lists are being mislabeled as spam and wrongly blocked.

FUD.  I'm unaware of any properly-run opt-in mailing lists that have
been mislabeled as spam and "wrongly blocked".

Many many of our licensees have (had!) exactly that problem.

what's really funny, in a sick and sad way, is that I've been having a, well, I can't call it a discussion, with AOL on a TOS violation report they sent me today, which was from a double-opt-in mailing list. I'm going to blog pieces of it later, but suffice it to say, it was not AOL's best day, or the user involved, and if that's how they're handling spam blocking and reporting, then god help ALL aol users.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui @

The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.