From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:23:31 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 03:16:30PM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> On Sunday, February 23, 2003, at 02:44  PM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
>
> >It *is* illegal in 27 states and a number of countries, so far.
>
> arguable, unless both sides involved live in that jurisdiction.
> State-based spam legislation hurts the cause, it doesn't help it.

Hey, I didn't say I was in *favor* of this: I'm on the record, thus far,
as being opposed to anti-spam legislation.  (Why?  Because (a) I think
the Internet community can deal/is dealing with this problem and (b) any
such legislation will be poisoned by pro-spam lobbyists like the DMA.)

I'm just pointing out that the statutes are on the books.

--- Rsk

[Please *do not* CC me on replies to messages on this mailing list.  Thanks.]