From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk @ gsp . org>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:26:26 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 07:19:53PM -0800, JC Dill wrote:
> >From the latest EFF mailer...

been mislabeled as spam and "wrongly blocked".

I am aware of a number of improperly-run mailing list which are either not
opt-in (but claim to be -- a common spammer lie) or which are improperly
run (without closed-loop confirmation) that are blocked.  This is an
entirely good thing, and should be encouraged in order to prod list-owners
into behaving as responsible members of the Internet community.

Of course, individual users may forget that they've signed up for
something and report it as spam: but that's easily fixed simply by hanging
onto all subscribe/unsubscribe logs permanently.  (I've got mine, or at
least I think/hope I do.  They compress nicely. ;-) )

JC: perhaps you might want to share here the information that you sent
to spam-l about the link between the EFF and well-known spamhaus Topica.

---Rsk