Subject: TLS handshake error
From: Bob Bish <bobbish @ earthlink . net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:48:08 -0700
To: majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

This problem has still not been resolved after almost 4 weeks. Several address, at several different domains, continuously bounce with the reason:

    (reason: 403 4.7.0 TLS handshake failed.)

From what I understand about this, the mail server on which the lists reside is somehow detecting TLS capable incoming mail servers and is requesting a secure connection. This needs to be turned off. For the record, I manage mailing lists which reside on donated server space. I do not run the server itself, so do not have access to its configuration. Any questions about that should go to the guy who does:

ben @
exoticwarranty .
com

He runs sendmail (not sure what version) using Linux 2.4.18-17.7.x
   Would anyone know how to fix this?

...Bob

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: strange problem