Subject: Re: strange problem
From: Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey @ goldmark . org>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:46:40 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Vellinga, Mark wrote:

> [...] For example, from the machine running majordomo I can send an
> email to my .org account and the message is sent successfully.

Please send me a test message from that machine that way (telling me the
name of the majordomo machine in that test message).  I suspect that it
isn't actually going through the mail transport system on that machine,
but need to confirm.

> It's just when I include my .org account in a majordomo mailing list
> that the message does not go through successfully.

Logs of the attempts to send such mail would be very useful.  What MTA is
that system using?  Is it sendmail?

By the way:

A: No
Q: Is top posting a good way to have a discussion?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/
 Hate spam?  Boycott MCI! http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/anti-spam/mci/