Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers?
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ ripco . com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:44:59 -0500
To: "List Managers" <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

J C Lawrence wrote:

> As an aside to which: I assume I'm not the only one getting
> KLEZzed onto single-opt-in lists?

and Beartooth asked,

| Single-opt-in??

My take is that Lawrence meant lists where you send a join command and are
added on the strength of that one message.  That's in contrast to double
opt-in lists, where you send a join command, the list software asks you if the
join command really came from you and includes a confirmation code to return
if it did, and you send back the confirmation code to complete the process.