Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Omar, I bet this is relevant!
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:51:22 -0400
To: List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>
Cc: Omar Thameen <omar @ clifford . inch . com>

Topica is in the process of being added to a number of blocklists, and I am unsure if this is the issue at Verizon. (At least, this is the way I interpret the discussion on SPAM-L). If there was a bounce available, seeing it might help. Feel free to e-mail it to me privately.

However, there may well be some escalation blacklisting regarding topica. They have had some large number of lists with spamtrap addresses signed up onto their service and they have not vetted them well. They also have some subsidiary who is more, shall we say, oriented to delivering less solicited mail, and that subsidiary delivers from the same servers.

So, if I was looking for uninterrupted service and my mailing list was actually opt-in, I would go
elsewhere for mailing list service.