Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Subject prefix for list-managers @ greatcircle . com?
From: Tom Neff <tneff @ grassyhill . net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:49:10 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

--On Monday, June 17, 2002 11:03 AM -0500 "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @
ripco .
com> wrote:
My personal solution is to receive mail from lists at shell accounts,
where procmail drops them into folders that OE reads via IMAP.

Before anyone attacks me for using OE at all, I started using it because
it was *there*, and by now I'm too entrenched for a change to be easy,
and I've yet to see anything where the potential improvement over OE is
worth the learning curve plus the adjustment.  But I am not championing
it nor even defending it.

Respectfully -- if all you're doing is reading IMAP folders hosted on an external server, the learning curve in switching to something decent like Mulberry or Mozilla Mail is almost nonexistent. And you'll be protected from the cavalcade of MS security holes. That alone is worth the switch.