Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Subject prefix for
From: "Michael S. Johnson" <michj @ nausicaa . net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:39:28 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Nick Simicich wrote:
> Hmmmm....according to my settings, I have set prefix, I just double
> checked, but I see no prefixes...

Ah, that would be because the list prefix is not surrounded by [square
brackets].  The convention on other lists is to enclose the subject prefix
in [square brackets], but this list does not.  It was probably just an
oversight.  I do see the text "List-Managers" near the beginning of each
message subject now, after the "Re: " prefix if there is one.

For example with this message, for those with set prefix turned on:

* Current:  "Re: List-Managers Subject prefix for"
* Desired:  "Re: [List-Managers] Subject prefix for"

Brent, may I ask for this small correction, please?

--
Much appreciated,
Michael