Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(April 2002)

Subject: Re: New emerging virus/worm. Grr.
From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 23 Apr 2002 13:11:26 -0400
To: "Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: "list-managers @ greatcircle . com" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

> <http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32 .
 klez .
 h @
 mm .
 html>

It's all over the place around here, very annoying and hard to get rid of
because it keeps reinstalling itself after you delete its files and remove
its registry entries.  I've given up and told people to reinstall from
CDs, preferably CDs that don't contain Windows, then don't use Outlook or
Outlook Express which are the main vectors.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",