Subject: Re: Cute new hoax
From: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:00:31 -0400
To: "William Silvert" <wsilvert @ ipimar . pt>
Cc: "list-managers" <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

At 02:38 PM 5/31/2001 +0100, William Silvert wrote:
>After I posted my comment about innovative new directions in virus attacks,
>the following warning appeared in my mailbox:

I filter on "virus" in the subject line. Some idiot got the bounce and
changed the subject to "important, please read and act on immediately" and
posted it before I could get b ack to him.  I'm now filteing on Sulfnbk.exe
in the body.

>In any case, it is this sort of development that I think we should be
>prepared to warn subscribers about. If hoaxes of this sort become
>widespread, and not well-publicised, they are legitimate grounds for
>postings.

To a totally unrelated list (like a scuba or rally list)? Or to a community
list?
--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns.