Subject: Re: test message,or reply's to, which worse?
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 01:47:15 -0700
To: "Roger Fajman" <RAF @ CU . NIH . GOV>
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On Tue, 29 May 2001  03:07:55 -0400 (EDT)
Roger Fajman <RAF @
 CU .
 NIH .
 GOV> wrote:

> What I'd like to see in email clients is a single Reply button.
> If it's a simple one person to one person message, it would just
> use the From address.  But it there's a Reply-To header or To/cc
> addresses other than my own, it would bring up a dialogue asking
> to whom I want to reply.

Actually Ultimail/Lite under OS/2 used to do this.  Kinda.  While
its been quite a few years since I've looked at it, I semi (and this
could be in error (have I CYA enough yet?)) recall XFMail doing
something similar.  That said it would be a fairly trivial hack to
add to exmh should you be so inclined -- one of the niceties of
user-extensible MUAs written in scripting languages (tcl/TK in this
case).

Aside:

  There are those of us, such myself, that flatly refuse to use
  software that insists on asking the user for confirmation.  I've
  used such products (thus the depth of my antipathy) and found I
  always (no exceptions, and that encludes FORMAT.COM under DOS)
  reduced every such query to an automatic instinctual finger macros
  that bypassed te query without my every having to notice that it
  was ever there.  Now I simply refuse to use products that insist
  I'm too inept to actually tell it to do what I want.

  "Do what I said damnit!"

--
J C Lawrence                                       claw @
 kanga .