Subject: Re: protecting archives from harvesters (was test messages)
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 17:22:31 -0700
To: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ ripco . com>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Monday, May 28, 2001, at 04:05 PM, David W. Tamkin wrote:

So, Chuq, may I ask: do you get a lot of "What's the archive password?" re-
quests from list members or others with legitimate rights to visit them?

Yes. That's why I'm looking for better ways to protect an archive but make it easy for legitimate users to get to it. The spambots force my hand (IMHO) in protecting them, but putting them behind a password is awkward. I've tried a few other things, but nothing worth talking about, so I'm still looking.

[<chuqui @ plaidworks . com> = <me @ chuqui . com> = <chuq @ apple . com>]

When an agnostic dies, does he go to the "great perhaps"?