Subject: Re: test message,or reply's to, which worse?
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 16:06:19 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On 28 May 2001, at 11:24, JC Dill wrote:

> On 08:16 AM 5/28/01, David W. Tamkin wrote:
>
>  >Blind faith in reply-to-all to do the right thing magically without the
>  >user's reviewing its choices is not perfect either.  We agree that no mail
>  >client has a "read my mind, know all of netiquette, know the list rules,
>  >predict the text I plan to type, know the preferences of the poster to whom
>  >I'm replying, and figure out the exact right way to address my response"
>  >command.
>
> Hmmm.  It seems we have an opportunity to write an RFC that would spec a
> "reply-to-list" header and a "reply-to-author" header, and discuss how to
> implement selection of these two reply options in common email
> clients.

Gee, and you could call one of those 'reply' and the other 'followup' and
almost have reinvented News...  :o)

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA

From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Next: Re: test messages etc
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: test message,or reply's to, which worse?
From: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Next: YES ! dual active replys..this is my quest...
From: "albert" <emmanuel @ mwt . net>