Subject: Re: test message,or reply's to, which worse?
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 16:50:34 -0700
To: JC Dill <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>
Cc: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>, "albert" <emmanuel @ mwt . net>, <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Saturday, May 26, 2001, at 12:00 PM, JC Dill wrote:

There is NO REASON for sending a test post. None. Ever. If you have something to post, post it. If you don't have something to post, there's no need to send a test post.

And, ahem, you can test a list just as well by sending something ON TOPIC as you can by sending a test message. So even if you only want to test a list, you can do it in a way that nobody even notices -- with just a bit of thought...

[<chuqui @
plaidworks .
com> = <me @
chuqui .
com> = <chuq @
apple .
com>]

You know, I Remember When I Used To Speak In Capitals, Too. It's addictive. It also encourages people to poke sticks at you. Justifiably. (chuq, 1992)