Subject: user unknown with error 450?
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:35:00 -0700
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I just ran into this, and I'm curious. Can anyone think of any rational reason why a site would return a user code 450 for "user unknown"? I had a subscriber backing up in the queue, and when I went and looked, they were being bounced as user unknown, but with a 450 code, deferring delivery instead of rejecting it.

huh? (fwiw, the SMTP server is Interscan, whatever that is. And there are other subscribers successfully receiving mail on the domain, so it's not some obscure misplaced spamblock, at least as far as I can tell)

[<chuqui @
plaidworks .
com> = <me @
chuqui .
com> = <chuq @
apple .
com>]

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Fw: Spam Filters vs. Mailing Lists