From: Tom Coradeschi <tcora @ skylands . ibmwr . org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 10:47:23 -0400
To: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Cc: list-managers <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
On Friday, May 18, 2001, at 06:25 PM, Tim Pierce wrote:
We spent years trying to educate people not to believe "virus
warnings" that they got in e-mail anyway, since 99% of the time
they're the Budweiser Frogs hoax.  Warnings about a *real* virus
will come to them through other channels.

Except these days, I see very, very few hoax mails, and lots of "I caught this, it sent itself to everytone on my list, and you're one of them...". And to me, that's a whole different kettle of fish...

Wow. Your experience is almost exactly the polar opposite of mine, Chuq. I get tons of the hoax viruses and very very few of the real ones. I'm almost thinking of filtering on the string "this was just announced by Intel and IBM".

                 tom coradeschi <+> tcora @
skylands .
ibmwr .
org