From: "John R Levine" <johnl @ iecc . com>
Date: 3 May 2001 23:01:48 -0400
To: "Jessica Callender" <JessicaCallender @ worldnet . att . net>
Cc: "List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

> I need to reach professional development officers in colleges and
> universities and nonprofits, school technology coordinators, municipal MIS
> directors and some other groups.
>
> Know of any professional list renters?

For paper snail mail lists, sure, lots of them.

For e-mail lists, see

http://dmoz.org/Business/Marketing/Internet_Marketing/Marketing_Services/Opt-In_Email/

In my experience, at least half if not more of the people who claim to
have opt-in lists are just plain lying.  Of the ones who aren't lying, at
least half have a definition of opt-in that wouldn't agree with any
definition that we would use.

So I would proceed with extreme caution.  If you're serious, spend some
money and send paper mail since those lists are real and legal.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl @
 iecc .
 com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Finger for PGP key, f'print = 3A 5B D0 3F D9 A0 6A A4  2D AC 1E 9E A6 36 A3 47