Subject: Sendmail MaxRecipients config
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:41:42 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Apologies for another off-topic inquiry, but again you folks probably
have thought about this kind of thing more than any other forum I can
think of...

Is there a good rule-of-thumb for what to set the MaxRecipients pamarater
to in sendmail?

And the meta question: what happens to the sending server if the limit is
exceeded... are the servers clever enough to requeue the message and then
send, later, another 'chunk', or will the original sender (probably an
MLM) just get back an error.... [of course, if the limit is anything more
than, say, 10 or so, about the only thing that could bust the limit is if
a LOT of our customers subscribe to a particular mailing list and so we
get mail from that MLM's server addressed to a boatload of our users]

Thanks!

  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie @
 fantasyfarm .
 com     Pearisburg, VA

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Confirmation Required