Subject: Re: Confirmation Required
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:39:52 -0700
To: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

It's patronizing to assume they can't learn. If no one ever tried to
educate them, they'd still be putting stamps on paper letters. The
trouble explaining WHY confirmations are a good idea is worth it.

I have. Sorry, it's patronizing to assume they WANT to learn. Or that nobody's tried.

The biggest problem I have on my lists today are people who refuse to read the instructions. How do you teach THEM?

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui @
plaidworks .

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"