Subject: Re: webtv whitelist?
From: "Mike Avery" <mavery @ mail . otherwhen . com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 15:25:36 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 4 May 2000, at 10:26, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> anyone else see this? both my mailing list sites (plaidworks and
> apple) got notes from webtv announcing my sites were being removed
> from their whitelist list because of spam reports.

I had the same thing happen here.  As far as I know none of the lists
I host have sent "I LOVE YOU".

On the other hand, there are days when I'd love to setup a filter
and remove all the addresses in my lists from aol.com, webtv.com,
webtv.net, hotmail.com and a few other big services that cater to
the clueless.  And then add those domains to my kill-file.

I dropped them a note and asked them what they mean, and
indicated that if they are having problems they need to talk to me
about it... so far only a form letter has been returned, though I have
been invited to call their toll-free number.

Mike

--
Mike Avery                            MAvery @
 mail .

* Spam is for lusers who can't get business any other way *

A Randomly Selected Thought For The Day:
    Creditors have much better memories than debtors.