Subject: Re: webtv whitelist?
From: mcb @ postmodern . com (Michael C. Berch)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 11:18:58 +0000
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @
 plaidworks .
 com> writes:
> anyone else see this? both my mailing list sites (plaidworks and
> apple) got notes from webtv announcing my sites were being removed
> from their whitelist list because of spam reports.

I got this as well, for postmodern.com.  Strange because I don't
know of any spam originating from here at any point, or anything
relayed since I installed sendmail's anti-open-relay code a year or
more ago.

The notification arrived yesterday, almost 24 hours before the ILOVEYOU
virus broke out, at least in North America, so I don't think it's
related to that.

The specific piece of brain damage I'm wondering about is whether they
have somehow tagged multi-recipient mailikng list mail as spam.  Sigh.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb @