Subject: Re: Automatic confirmations
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:24:27 -0700
To: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ Mcs . Net>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 4:44 PM -0500 5/27/99, David W. Tamkin wrote:

I haven't seen those in particular, but I've gotten "message opened" auto-

That's probably Lotus Notes.

One
said it was fixed, but when I reenabled her subscription it happened again
immediately, so I removed her.  None of them actually fixed it as far as I
know.

The joy of Lotus notes is that this is an administrator-set option, and a site-wide one. So the user can't turn it off. they have to convince the admin to turn it off for everyone.

Me, I just tossed together a couple of quick procmail recipes to throw that stuff out. I happen to think I run the lists for the convenience of my users, not that they subscribe based on how convenient it is for me...

--
Chuq Von Rospach (Hockey fan? <http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/>)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq @

Snakes and trees aren't natural enemies -- but if the tree attacks first...
	(Ranger Gord, The Red Green Show)