Subject: Re: Is this possible?
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:58:55 -0700
To: "Mally" <nemesis @ paralynx . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 11:28 PM 5/14/99 -0700, Mally wrote:
><deep breath, here goes....>  Is there a command in the config file
>that can be used to prevent an individual subscriber from receiving
>posts from a list without actually unsubscribing them?

Try "set nomail" or the equivalent - both the Major and Listserv
have personal subscription settings that the admin can poke without
the subscriber knowing (if you do it right). This option is designed
for vacations and the like, but can be used by an admin as needed.
(FYI, I use Mj2 and the "set" command may not be in Mj 1.94)