Subject: Re: egroups mail problem - no Date field
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ fsm-1 . pica . army . mil>
Date: Wed, 5 May 99 13:31:57 EDT
To: John R Levine <johnl @ iecc . com>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

John Levine:
>> I can't tell from RFC822 if Date is a required field or not
>> 'cause all that meta notation makes my eyes glaze over.
>
>According to RFC822, the date header is required, but I've never seen an
>MTA that would reject a message for lacking a date.

Oh, they're out there. Seemingly, a lot of them in Europe (don't ask how I
came to that conclusion, it's just an observation).

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: egroups mail problem - no Date field