Subject: egroups mail problem - no Date field
From: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ Taronga . COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 01:47:28 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

sew @
 valint .
 net (Steve Washam):

> Egroups just sent me a notice which I never would have seen
> except for a fluke.  My mail system is a newsreader which
> automatically rejects messages lacking a date header.

ONElist does the same thing. I was posting some message to a ONElist
list and stripped out the date header, assuming ONElist would put
its own back in.  It posted them with a header that said
Date: (none).

Someone recently mentioned recycled user names.  Here's a twist:
recycled listnames.  Ran into this on ONElist again.  Contacted a
listowner listed in the PAML, and got somebody totally different,
going "what on earth are you talking about?"  Same listname,
differnet list, different listowner.  Person I was looking for was
still there, with a list with a slightly different name.

Indexed By Date Previous: egroups mail problem - no Date field