Subject: egroups mail problem - no Date field
From: sew @ valint . net (Steve Washam)
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 22:26:39 -0800
To: postmaster @ egroups . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Dear postmaster,

Egroups just sent me a notice which I never would have seen
except for a fluke.  My mail system is a newsreader which
automatically rejects messages lacking a date header.

I can't tell from RFC822 if Date is a required field or not
'cause all that meta notation makes my eyes glaze over.

But if egroups wants to tell me I've been subscribed to a
list, please include a date header so that I will actually
see the message.

Thanks,

Steve Washam

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Moderating and off-topic posts