Subject: Re: Moderating and off-topic posts
From: Olwen Williams <olwen @ ihug . co . nz>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 18:52:19 +1200
To: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In this case I tend to refer to my list as "fully" moderated.  We approve
everything, and sometimes edit posts.  We have a panel of 8 moderators currently to
keep up with the work because we normally write polite messages to out susbscribers
to tell them why we are rejecting posts.

Before I put the list into full-time moderation I did turn it on once or twice for
short times, and I did use to play peacemaker and mother when things got out of
hand.  At that point I referred to myself as the list-owner, and the person who
lent a hand referred to herself as co-listmom