From: Ben Smithurst <ben @ scientia . demon . co . uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 10:13:27 +0100
To: Rick Lewis <rick @ mazinfo . com>, List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

Rick Lewis wrote:

> Are there any freeware mailing list software programs out there I can
> use to clean up and automate my mailing list, without going with one of
> the "advertising based" mail list companies. My list is fairly new,
> we're only 50 subscribers, but I expect we'll grow to a couple hundred,
> but right now I'm doing everything manually with Outlook Express.

It depends what OS you're using. If you're using some variety of Unix
to run the list, then I'd recommend Majordomo[1], though there are many
more for Unix. If you're using Win95/98/NT, I'd recommend you look at
Mailtraq[2], which isn't free, but I think you can download a 30 day
trial, and it does a lot more than just running mailing lists. If you're
using some other OS, I don't know.

[1] ftp://ftp.greatcircle.com/pub/majordomo/
[2] http://www.mailtraq.com/

--
Ben Smithurst : ben @
 scientia .

PGP: 0x99392F7D - 3D 89 87 42 CE CA 93 4C  68 32 0E D5 36 05 3D 16
     http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/ben/pgp-key.html (or use keyservers)