Subject: 1. Digests RFC? 2. Truncated Digests Mystery
From: TT <TH0M @ usa . net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 09:10:35 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Two queries...

1. Which RFC describes digests---standards for message separators,
   end of file, etc?  Where can I find it, on the web?

2. Any idea why a plain ascii text message with no signature,
   no lines of hyphens or any other character, would truncate
   our list digests, on some subscribers' email systems?
   Every message this subscriber writes, triggers this phenomenon.
   Only her messages trigger it.

   The majority of subscribers receive "whole" digests, even with
   her message. Those of us whose digests are truncated use
   different email clients (Eudora Pro, Netscape Navigator 3.04)
   on different ISPs (AT&T, Best.com, NetWiz.net). For us, the
   digest ends at the end of her message. All messages after hers,
   are missing. No list footers, either, of course.

   The digest truncation occurred following her posts on two lists
   using different list automation software, on different provider
   hosts.

Typical message below, in case that helps...

Any clues?

Regards,
Thompson
mailto:TH0M @