From: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Date: 24 Dec 1997 21:10:59 -0800
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Ronald F Guilmette <rfg @
 monkeys .
 com> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra @
 stanford .
 edu> wrote:
>> Ronald F Guilmette <rfg @
 monkeys .
 com> writes:

>>> b) Do existing mailing list administration packages cause all
>>> subscrip- tion requests to be archived (along with full headers) so
>>> that cases such as the one I just mentioned can be properly traced
>>> back to their true origin IP address?

>> No.  majordomo, for one, doesn't retain any header information at all.

> Next question... Who would be in a position to remedy this obviously
> substantial and serious shortcoming?

majordomo-workers @
 greatcircle .
 com, but you should be aware that the
current 1.9.x versions are basically under a code freeze while 2.0 is
being worked on.  Only bug fixes are going in.  The new 2.0 version will
probably include this too (it's including most everything), but it's still
a good ways from being released.

--
Russ Allbery (rra @
 stanford .