Subject: Re: Moderating individual
From: Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer <info-labview-request @ pica . army . mil>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 13:25:04 EST
To: "Janyne M. Kizer" <jmkizer @ unity . ncsu . edu>, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Janyne Kizer <janyne_kizer @
 ncsu .
 edu>
>Is there a way to moderate individuals rather than a whole list?  I have
>two or three people on one of my lists that sometimes write good posts but
>sometimes put out what I would call "flame bait."  I really need to get
>this list settled down a bit and moderating these few people should do the
>trick.  I've thought about using taboo-header but I want the whole thing
>to be transparent to them.  Is there a good way to do this?

taboo_header the user's address. Then just "approve" any postings from them,
same as you would all postings from a moderated list. Works like a champ.

                  Tom Coradeschi, Info-LabVIEW List Maintainer
                      <info-labview-request @
 pica .
 army .
 mil>
          http://k-whiner.pica.army.mil/info-labview/info-labview.html

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List-Managers-Digest V6 #246