From: "Alan Czarnek" <alancz @ ix . netcom . com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 10:47:19 -0600
To: "Gerald Oskoboiny" <gerald @ impressive . net>
Cc: <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

>My (non-legal) opinion is that by posting to the list, a subscriber
>is indicating their consent with the list's rules (which may include
>a policy on public archives), therefore forfeiting some of their
>regular copyright rights.
>
>I would be very interested to hear of any legal precedents in this
>area.

I suspect that there are precedents.  It is not much different from
writing a
'letter to the editor' to a publication which claims somewhere in
the fine print that 'all letters submitted become property of
xxx Corporation' or similar language...........

Alan Cz

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: policy issue on Bcc: of list..